Tuesday, February 1, 2011

HALF STAFF

 I have been sitting around getting things in order for our impending black out and watching a lot of the coverage for the services for the slain peace officer here in Indy and the thought hit me, I need to lower my flag to half staff for Officer Moore and before I could act on it, my neighbor (who is also a flag guy) called me and warned me that my flag was working it's way to the ground. I went out to check and sure enough the flag was heavy with ice and had worked it's way down the pole till the rope had frozen to the pole, at exactly half staff!

 Rest in peace Officer Moore.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Wow. Guess there was a greater power lowering it for you.

I watched today as they were folding the flag from the casket and thinking how I really never want to have that flag handed to me, or my grandson.

It's been a hard day to watch.

CnC said...

yeah, that's what I thought