Saturday, February 5, 2011

THE BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS

Back home yesterday and after getting my heart zapped 3 times to get me out of A-fib, all I wanted to do was crash. I layed aroung on the couch and rested up so I could make it to bed. I went to official sleep around 9:00 pm, we had to set the alarm for 3:30 am to give me the Lovanox shot in the belly. Have to do  that for just a few days and stay on the Cumenden for 30 more. Got up this morning and felt really great, lots of energy and it's great to stand up and not almost pass out, I was gonna say faint, but that sounds less manly.
Mon. I am getting back on my diet and start to make healthier choices in my life, someone we knew died last week of a bloodclot to the heart and he was only 43. I am 55 so I know it can happen to me! So this morning I took the liberty of one last great breakfast before the diet kicks in and I wanted to show you one of my favorites! I call it Peanutbutter and Jelly on Buttered Toast Samich!


First you toast two breads and rub the end of a stick of butter on them.

Then as fast as you can spread peanut butter on one slice on the non buttered side while it's still warm so the peanut butter will get all melty.

I like to use extra crunchy but JoJo bought smooth so I came up with a brainstorm and crunched up my own peanuts and it worked swimmingly.
Then slather jelly on the enhanced smooth peanutbutter, hopefully you have some good ol homemade strawberry preserves made by your mom or sister. If not store bought will do.

Slap the two sides together and there you go,
It's a little messy to eat cause the outside is buttered, but trust me, the butter brings it home.
The butter really ties the samich together. So there you go, enjoy! unless your like me and you need a heart that is in good working order.

5 comments:

Rita said...

You're right, fainting sounds so girly. Swooning is much better, or you could use to old term of having "the vapors".

Greybeard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greybeard said...

"Fallin' out" is the term many of the patients I transport use.
And I need a clarification-
"Slap the two sides together..."
How much force is used in this part of your recipe?
(I'd prefer your answer in ergs, please.)

CnC said...

G.B. let me run the numbers and I'll get back to you.

CnC said...

Sorry G.B. I couldn't come up with a repeatable formula for this operation. Too many varibles, you will just have to refer back to your combat days and fly by the seat of your pants my friend, :-)