Monday, February 14, 2011

IT’S ABOUT THE MUSIC, IT’S ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT THE MUSIC

I zipped by the Grammy’s a few times last night, just long enough to see some freak hatch out of an egg and this morning I saw a picture of some idiot that won a Grammy who looked like “those we don’t speak of “ in M. Knight Shyamalan’s movie, THE VILLAGE

 The song that won him a Grammy?  “F*** Y***” what a genius, how did he come up with such an original name.
 Real nice choice Grammy guys. You must be related to the buffoons who decides who gets the Nobel Prizes.
As for Lady GaGa  and her egg deal, you know I’m all for a good stage show, but when all you got are gimmicks I can’t take “your art” serious.

I know a lot of people like her, including my nephew who I usually agree with as far as his taste in music. I guess we are going to have to disagree on this one. Him and I drove all the way to Columbus Ohio to see Roger Waters performing “The Wall” last year, now that was a stage show, but if Waters would have been carried to the stage in a gigantic Easter egg and danced around the stage in a see through rubber suit, I woulda walked out.



Many years ago another poser, Madonna was accepting an award for another crappy song and stated, “it’s about the music, it’s always been about the music”, yeah right!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Lady Antebellum won FIVE Grammys, more than anyone else. Now THAT's a redeeming quality.