Tuesday, March 29, 2011

YOU WANT TO DO WHAT TO ME?


We can rebuild him, we can make him faster, stronger, better then he was before.

My ongoing quest to become the 6 million dollar technician continues April the 8th.
A rebuilt knee last February, a zapped heart last April, a rebuilt shoulder last November, heart rezapped 3 times in Feb 2011 and the next step in this process? The surgeon is going to go all O.J. on me and slice thru the front of my throat so he can get to my cervical spine. C4/C5 and C5/C6 will be removed and in its place he will put some dead guys bone where the 2 discs are to be pulled out.
Then he will put a metal bracket across my 3 vertabrae and run some screws thru it with a Black and Decker into my spine. Piece of cake.
To be honest, the surgeries and the heart stops and restarts were painful, but didn’t really scare me. The cervical spinal fusion on 2 levels have me a little more than concerned.
I have been told more than once that the rotator cuff surgery I had 5 months ago, is a lot worse than the spinal fusion surgery that I’m about to go through.
Having said that, I am still ……how do I say this without sounding like a big pussy?
Ok, I’m scared shitless! It didn’t help that I went on Youtube and watched a 10 minute vid on the procedure I’m about to go thru. In retrospect that probably was a bad idea.
Well, that’s a week from this Friday; this Friday, I will be practice walking my little girl down the aisle and give her away to another man. The next day, I will give her away for real.
I think I will get through the spinal fusion without shedding a tear.

My little girls wedding however is another matter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I"M NOT watching that video.

Greybeard said...

Any surgery with general anesthetic is serious business...
Controlled poisoning obviously depends upon the skill of the guy administering the poison. It's just as important to select someone who knows that job well as it is to select a good surgeon.

Cause for concern, man.
I'm prayin' for ya.

CnC said...

Thanks G.B. I need all them that I can get