Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I JOE BIDENED TWO BLOG TITLES IN THE LAST WEEK


That is to say, I plagiarized them. I didn’t mean to, I thought I was being clever. Last Friday, I published the post, THE IRONY AND THE ECSTASY. I go back and read and re-read my blogs several times. I do it because I keep finding typos and misspellings (yes I do spell check) even after several Q & A’s.
No I don’t fancy myself the next Dennis Miller, but I do like political satire and I want to be original. So imagine my self-loathing after patting myself on the back for what I thought was a good and original title, for some reason I googled it and came up with about 140,000 results for this phrase, some years old, and none of them mine. Shit!

Ok, so I’ll do better next time, so last night I wrote a blog about the hypocrisy of the left when is comes to energy and oil production and the so-called “Carbon footprint”. After I wrote it,” CARBON FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND”, popped in my head. Good one!
Fired it off and a day later something nagged at me, no it wasn’t JoJo, this time. it was the thought that I should google this title. Guess what, yeah sure enough, I’m late to the dance once more.

You know, I started blogging a few months ago and I said it was mostly just an outlet for my own personal mental health so I would stop yelling at the HDTV, but I still want to write well enough so that I wouldn’t be embarrassed to have my kids and someday my grandkids read it and get some sense of what made this old geezer tick.
I guess it is a work in progress after all, so I shouldn’t beat myself up too bad.

I gave this blog the title:
I JOE BIDENED TWO BLOG TITLES IN THE LAST WEEK
 because Joe Biden is best known for plagiarizing in law school and well after and it killed his 1988 presidential campaign.
Trust me, I don’t want to have anything in common with this creep.


At least the title of THIS blog is original; at least I think it’s original. Shit , I better google it.

5 comments:

Rita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rita said...

Oh come on now, do you seriously believe you are going to blog title something that hasn't been said before?

Unless you completely copy someone's post, you aren't plagerizing. If you do read something on someone else's blog, you end your post with H/T to Greybeard (that's Hat Tip-ing). Usually those are videos you found that you liked and want to share.

I've been inspired by some, like Average Joe and Ed when Joe posted something about his old cars and Ed commented. That's what inspired me to write about my 1978 Monte Carlo. So I H/T'd them for the inspiration.

If you can figure it out, when you H/T you can make it a link. It's an HTML thing and I think the newer blogspot makes that easier than remembering the few simple stupid HTML code.

HTML gave me hell with the last post. There are just times that starting a new paragraph gets all screwed up.

If you go into the tab that says HTML when you're writing or editing the post, you can fix it there.

Here is the fix (although I have to put dashes between the actual code otherwise it will put a new paragraph in this comment).

<-/-p/> Put that (without the dashes) at the end of you screwed up paragragh sentence and you'll get a new paragraph.

Rita said...

Oops, sorry. That was me. I went to fix my "are" to "aren't" TWICE.

CnC said...

thx for the tips, i mean H/T !