Saturday, February 18, 2012

YOU TUBE OF THE MIND PART 4

Some funny moments I have seen in years past popped into my cobwebbed memory the other day and I thought I should put them down on electronic paper while I still have some of my faculties left.

As usual, the blog got too wordy so I chopped it up into 6 segments. Most of these things happened before we all started carrying cameras in our phones so these events just exist in my rapidly diminishing mind. Don't know if you will get a chuckle out of any of these little snippets.
It's probably one of those things where you just had to be there.




This Buds For You:

Back in the 70's we frequented a bar called the Benchmark Inn. Many crazy things occurred at this establishment, this perticular evening was my buddy Joe's (AKA Animal), night to shine. He got himself severly overserved, there were many empty mugs in front of him. He gets that look in his bleary eyes and you could tell he was gonna try for a refund on the beer. He leans over the table and I gave him plenty of room, I knew this would not be pretty.
What happened next was amazing. Joe was transformed before my very eyes into a human tapper. He expertly slid an empty mug under his mouth and filled the mug with just the right amount of beer and with a perfect head. He then slid another mug over and repeated the process. By now he not only had an audience, he had a cheering section.


After his third mug was filled the keg went dry.
Joe was so careful with his money we expected he would try to re-drink the recycled beers, as far as I can recall that didn't happen, but that would be the version that would be repeated for years to come.

1 comment:

Peoria Custom Closets said...

Hi, thanks for sharing this.