Wednesday, February 15, 2012

YOU TUBE OF THE MIND PART 2

Some funny moments I have seen in years past popped into my cobwebbed memory the other day and I thought I should put them down on electronic paper while I still have some of my faculties left.

As usual, the blog got too wordy so I chopped it up into 6 segments. Most of these things happened before we all started carrying cameras in our phones so these events just exist in my rapidly diminishing mind. Don't know if you will get a chuckle out of any of these little snippets.
It's probably one of those things where you just had to be there.


Snot Rocket boy:

This happened at a family get together at mom's house maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Me and my brother's grandson Kyle were horsing around. Kyle was trying to get back at me and he was chasing me around the living room. He must have had a cold or something because he kinda snorted and laughed at the same time. As I was looking at him two long snot rockets shot out and just hung off his nose extending from both nostrils at least 10 inches straight down. Without missing a beat, Kyle gave a big reverse snort and retracted both snot tentacles in perfect unison back into his snout and continued running after me. I was laughing so hard I couldn't evade snot rocket boy any longer. My nephew Brian who was the only other witness to the event was laying on the couch trying to resume breathing again without much luck. He was sobbing with laughter and tears for several minutes. I was just glad that someone else had witnessed this amazing stunt.
As for Kyle, he was nonplussed; it was truly grace under pressure on his part, but he was Cool Hand Luke about the whole thing.
He showed me then and there that he was a guy you want on your side in a sticky situation.

1 comment:

Rita said...

YUCK!!! Did you HAVE to tell this story? Snot always makes me gag.

That being said, when our grandson was three, he had a slight cold and suddenly there were perfect big bubbles coming out his nose when we were playing in the garage.

Bob immediately grabbed his hankerchief (I KNOW, we grew up believing real men didn't own hankerchiefs). But then Bob started singing, "I'm forever blowing bubbbblllless." And our grandson thought that was hilarious. He sang that song for months after that and would crack up laughing.

Btw, your little buddy Bob thinks it's gross you don't own a hankerchief.