Thursday, February 16, 2012

YOU TUBE OF THE MIND PART 3

Some funny moments I have seen in years past popped into my cobwebbed memory the other day and I thought I should put them down on electronic paper while I still have some of my faculties left.

As usual, the blog got too wordy so I chopped it up into 6 segments. Most of these things happened before we all started carrying cameras in our phones so these events just exist in my rapidly diminishing mind. Don't know if you will get a chuckle out of any of these little snippets.
It's probably one of those things where you just had to be there.



King Of The Road:

Back in the mid-80's I was heading south on SR 37 in the fast lane doing a little better than the speed limit when some asshole road rager flies up behind me like he was king of the road. I was going to get over, but before I could this idiot climbs on my bumper and starts waving me over even though the lane next to us was clear. Ok, now we are just going to have to play who owns this lane. I just ignored him and let him simmer.
He finally got the picture and sped around me in the other lane. We exchanged one finger pleasantries as the asshole went by, then I pulled over into the slow lane and watched him put the hammer down and and dissappear around the bend. A few seconds later my radar detector went off, I looked up ahead and saw a State cop coming the other direction. The cop took a u-turn behind me and passed me in no time. I little ways down the road, I came up to the stopped cop car and his prey. Yeah you guessed it, there he was, the king of the road was pulled over about to get a ticket and about to get a little salt rubbed into his fresh wound, I laid on the horn, laughed and gave him a one finger salute.
I just drove on down the highway, the new king of the road.

Oh yeah, it's good to be the king!

No comments: