Wednesday, February 8, 2012

DIET DAY THREE

Ok, Super Bowl over with, no more excuses, time to start the diet.
Monday, a granola bar for lunch and reprogrammed the digital scale for my new goal. Low fat ham samich for dinner and I feel pretty damned special.

Tuesday: a tech meeting first thing in the morning. I know there will be donuts in the area, for this is a tech meeting.
I take my seat, I know those glorious pastry temptations are on a table right behind me, but I will not look at them.
But I can smell them, brother tech Mike sits down next to me, against my better judgment I look over to see his selection. A luscious cinnamon bun. Arrrrrg!!! Excellent choice!! My stomach groans in protest, it does not understand I'm doing this for its own good. I can no longer stand by and watch it being made fun of for its girth.
The meeting begins without me turning around and succumbing to that yeasty temptation.
My manager walks over to the donut table and inquires "does anybody want any more donuts? If not I'm going to take the rest of these to the office and let them have them". No one speaks up no one raises a hand. My stomach attempts to raise its duodenal. Forget it stomach, this is for your own good. "eat shit and die" my stomach replies.
I made it through the meeting without bowing to the power of the glazed beauties. I know, I didn't cure cancer, but this is big. It was a tech meeting, I'm a tech. Technicians are like cops when it comes to donuts.

Wednesday: day three of the diet and I'm going strong. Tomorrow is Thursday and that's boys night out. That means pizza and beer. I think I will allow myself a couple of each as a reward.
I hate dieting but it is a needful thing at this point. The waistband of my work pants was getting dangerously tight.
The other day when I was getting ready for work, the button popped off my pants and went flying across the room.
If someone would have been right in front of it, it could have put an eye out, hmmm.............
Sorry, lost my train of thought there.

No comments: