Saturday, December 24, 2011

LAYAWAY ANGELS AND TENNIS SHOE RIOTERS


The best and the worst among us make up these two Christmas stories this year. First of all, I don’t understand how anyone pays 180 bucks for a pair of stupid shoes. Then tell me how do you stomp on each other in order to gain a position or two to get in the store to buy these over-priced shoes. I saw video of little kids being pushed to the floor and trampled with no one even trying to help. That might have slowed down their progress to the ultimate in footwear.
The last time these Air-Jordans were released, kids were shot down like dogs and their shoes stolen off their feet.

The flipside, the Layaway Angels. There are no videos of the actual people paying off the layaways of complete strangers in need. They are doing the right thing for the right reason and they have no desire for media attention.
That’s the story I want to wash my brain out with this Christmas Eve.

There will always be the greedy self-serving Grinch crowd and it’s not likely there hearts will grow anytime soon.
Thank God we still have many good people on this Earth to counter balance these fools.

I’m sitting here with my grandson Trenton, he got to stay all night with papaw and mamaw last night. We decided to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas this morning.
Even an old grandpa like me gets a nice feeling watching this show.
I just wanted to take a few minutes this morning and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and if the stories of tennis shoe riots and such bring you down, balance it out with a healthy dose of A Charlie Brown Christmas, or It’s a Wonderful Life, or A Christmas Story.

God bless you all and have a very merry Christmas!

4 comments:

CnC said...

ahhh my very first spam comment,

Yoda, I had no idea you were a blogger my backwards talking friend.

Ed Bonderenka said...

One, that shoe phenomenon was national.
Two, there was an overwhelming similarity about the rioters. Not just that they were black, but that they were men! Men fighting over a shoe sale!
Merry Christmas!

CnC said...

you really gotta love them shoes to act like that, status I guess, Merry Christmas Ed!

Rita said...

Usually Blogger weeds these out. I keep getting the spam telling me how interesting and informative my post was. And they comment on the one with the picture of the tin foiled man and cat about stealing my chicken broth recipe.

Seriously, these people are dingbats.