Friday, December 16, 2011

IT WASN'T MY FAULT !

You can be too careful part #2


I wasn't with him when it happened. It doesn't count unless I'm in the truck with him.
We were light on calls Thursday and Friday so they had me and brother tech Mike ride together. I drove yesterday without incident and Mike drove today. The day went fine, I even scored some free Pacer's tix for the game tonight night. We were working on a customer’s fridge and she was the mother of a Pacemate. She called her daughter and had her leave me and Jojo tix. When we got to the game we found Tamara with other Pacemates signing pictures. I thank her for the tix and got a picture of my mug tween her and another Pacemate.


So you see my day was fine!
It was tragedy free.
However while getting ready for the game I got a call from  Mike. Seems his day didn't end so well. After he dropped me off and was heading for home some guy ran his car into Mikes service van. Seems Mike was being extra cautious in a heavy traffic area where cars do a squeeze play vying for one lane. He was hanging back from the car ahead of him and someone trying to shoot the gap sideswiped him.
He was starting his vacation today and had hoped to finish early. The crap you have to go through when you wreck a company vehicle is worse than the wreck.
He was still dealing with it by the time I got to the game.
So I'm at a free game surrounded by Pacemates and Mikey is on the side of road filing accident reports.
Rita texted me while I was watching the game and accused me of leaving that target that was on my back in Mike's van.
I will neither confirm nor deny that report, I will only say,
Sorry bro ! Sorry about your luck.

4 comments:

Rita said...

All I can tell you is the first words out of Michael's mouth when I answered the phone were these, "From now on, Mark can ride with YOU."

I suggest you check with your niece to see if you will be allowed in her house for Christmas. We may have to Skype you in.

j/k. Love you big brother. But that STILL doesn't mean you are allowed in my car.

CnC said...

I think maybe Mikey is the one you need to worry about now!

Rita said...

Now you've jinxed cj. She had a near miss this afternoon.

CnC said...

oh no, say it aint so cj