Saturday, December 31, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR !


I was enjoying my New Years Eve morning sleep-in. I woke up a few times to take care of old man problems as per usual, knowing I can hit the sack again with that blissful feeling of sliding back into unconscioness. At 6:20 AM the phone rings, the landline. The phone that I have for one reason, the company I work for requires me to have it in order to upload and download my route.  There is only 2 people that call us on this line, my mother-in-law and my wife’s best friend who is also the grandmother of the little guy we used to baby-sit for who is like another grandson to me and Jojo.
When you get a call this early, you know it’s going to be something you don’t want to hear. I picked up the phone and it was my wife’s best friend.
Her mother had past away early this morning. Terrible way to end the year and begin the new year having to bury your mother.
We had offered baby-sitting services for both our little guys for the night; my grandson will be at a party with his parents and friends who are bringing their babies.
We will be watching or adopted grandson though, we just didn’t feel like doing the party thing. I’m making a lasagna and told baby sis Rita and her old man to come over and ring in the New Year. 
I went to the store to pick up a few things; the place was packed with potential partygoers. I fought my way through the crowd and decided I could use a change of luck and got a Mega lotto ticket. Winning that wouldn’t solve all my problems but it wouldn’t hurt either.
Started the sauce for the lasagna and took a shower. Digging through my old socks and underwear I thought why not put on the new stuff I got for Christmas?
Fascinating post eh?
So there you have it, my exciting way to bring in the New Year, a belly full of lasagna, Crown and Cokes, pumpkin pie and wearing new socks and underwear with a winning lotto ticket.
How can I go wrong?
Hope you have a great and safe time tonight and have a happy New Year !

2 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

I like to celebrate Australian New Years. It's over so much earlier than ours.

CnC said...

never thought of that Ed. good tip for next year oh I forgot, its all over by Dec. 21