Wednesday, December 21, 2011

BOO !

You know my jobs does have its drawbacks, but it also has its perks too. One of the perks, not having to sit in one place all day. Driving around all day sometimes means you can stop by the house to take a break. Today my house was between my first and second call so I figured I would take my first break there and see if Jojo was up and working in the home office.
She's really got a great set up there.
I pull in the driveway, it's a gloomy foggy morning and I can see the office brightly light as I drive by the window.
She is facing the window, but she is looking down at some reports, perfect! I walk up to the window, turn my cap around and put my face up to the window and tap slightly.
She looks up and I get just the reaction I'm hoping for. A sustained loud scream complete with hands up by the face shaking madly like some woman over-acting in an old horror movie.
This woman is not acting, I got her good. I know there will be hell to pay for this little stunt as I walk into the house laughing and kicking myself for not taking video of the event.
Now before you think me a bad person or immature, you must understand this is how the game is played.
Whenever I walk through a door in my house I never know when she will be lurking in a dark corner waiting to jump out and try to give me a heart attack, matter of fact it was she that started this quirky tradition almost 10 years ago on our second date. What pisses her off is I'm much better at this game then she is. I can do a payback scare in a matter of just a few minutes. A couple of weeks ago late one night I walked through the garage door into the breezeway and she was crouched behind the door and launched at me.
She got me but it wasn't an epic scare.
Five minutes later as she is still delighting in her little stunt, she walks to the back end of the house for a few minutes, I see my chance for payback!
I slipped down the dark hallway and open the door to the guest bedroom. I closed the door all but just a crack, just enough to peer one eye down the hall. I stand there in the bedroom that you rarely expect a person to walk out of, a perfect scenario. 
A few minutes later she walks out of our bedroom and down the hall. I wait, timing is everything, these things must be done delicately. She gets to the door of my chamber of horrors and I open the door swiftly and stepped out of the darkness right in front of her. No need for me to scream, that would be overkill and unnecessary. Her reaction was worth the price of admission.
Now that Jojo is packing heat I will have to be a little more careful with my timing. She will have a good excuse if she ever decides to whack me.

4 comments:

Rita said...

Given that your ticker has a propensity to go out of whack, you might want to change the beneficiary of your life insurance to me.

That broad sounds dangerous.

Bob knows better than to pull that kind of stunt with me. I go balistic when someone jumps out and scares me. He would definitely know better if I started packing heat.

CnC said...

its fun

Rita said...

It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt.

CnC said...

then tell Jojo to stop