Wednesday, January 19, 2011

TO BLOG OR NOT TOO BLOG

  Thanks to some prodding from my baby sis and a friend, I finally decided to jump in the blogging pool and get my feet wet. I have been wanting to do this for some time now, I am  terrible at spelling so without this wonderful thing called spell check I wouldn’t even attempt this and I can see right now I need to add the word "blog" to the spell check library so excuse me while I go do that right now. Ok,  I’m back, lets see, blog blogging, ok good. Sorry I tend to chase rabbits occasionally, remnants of A.D.D. only they hadn’t invented A.D.D. when I was in school so I was just a lazy and a daydreamer.  Although I read a lot, I used English class as just another study hall. And what did I use study hall for? Nap time. So if I don’t use proper sentence construction and if my grammar is lacking you will know why. Having said that, I still feel I have some thoughts I want to convey however crudely it turns out.

The things I will be blogging about will be a bit eclectic, lots of politics, commentary on society, war and peace, scuba diving, family life, hopefully with a little humor thrown in for good measure where it is appropriate .

 The reason for blogging is my lovely wife. She is fed up with me yelling at the TV and making smart assed comments at the pundits on the news. I needed another form of expressing myself. Another reason,  I love to type,  I’m talking about the act of typing. Sounds weird I know but it’s relaxing to me. I taught myself how to touch type many years ago with an old D.O.S. based program and it always amazes me that my fingers know where the keys are even though I couldn’t sit down and write out the order of a keyboard on a piece of paper. I also feel I have some valid points  to make and I better do it now while we still have freedom of speech in this country.
 I don’t flatter myself by thinking I could actually change any opposing views but that’s not really the point of this whole undertaking.
Tell us a little bit about yourself. Ok, if your reading this you probably already know me, but in the off chance a stranger pops in. I have fifty-five years of wear and tear on me. I fix things for a living, well right now I have some malfunctions myself so I’m not fixing much of anything. Being that I’m in recovery mode from an auto accident I have a little free time so I need to find something to do with my hands which is why I think it’s a good time to start this. When I do work, I work in heating cooling refrigeration repair. My dad was a mechanic and used me and my older brother as slave labor in the garage working on cars. We were probably about seven and eight years old and he had us turning wrenches before we knew what a wrench was. Not complaining here, he gave us a generous cut which we promptly spent on minibikes or anything else with a motor on it. Since I majored in sleep during high school, working with my hands allowed me to make  some sort of a living. Favorite hobby? Scuba diving when the doctors get me put back together again.
 I am a conservative, former Catholic, former atheist, current backslidden Baptist who is still a believer; I just don’t fit the mold of the Baptist church anymore. Who knows, maybe someday I will again. I’ve been let down by a lot of people in the church which is no excuse for walking away, but I use if for an excuse anyway. Well enough about me, don’t want to bore you with too many details. I think most people believe their lives would make a good movie. I don’t flatter myself, but if they made a movie of mine it would definitely be a comedy with a little bit of drama thrown in for good measure.
Where do I see myself in five years? RETIRED!

7 comments:

Rita said...

Are you kidding? If they made your life into a movie it would be a cross between an action film and a soap opera.

Greybeard said...

Well I for one look forward to reading your thoughts. And yes, thank God for spell-check...
Two bad it won't find mistakes like I've made hear.
And grammar?
Who really cares? I don't.

CnC said...

thanks for jumping i here guys, I think I have most of the ins and outs figured out, thanks for the imput

Joe said...

Good start -- keep up the good work.

CnC said...

thanks for the positive feedback Joe.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Joe sent me.
Good job.
Kindred spirit.
I'll be back.
Stop by and visit sometime:
http://apps.bonderenka.com/Blog/

CnC said...

I just did Ed I like that latest post I can sure relate to those days, glad we both survived, thanks for stopping by both you guys, gonna chill her in Florida this week and got some stuff to write about when i get home, now I wanna hit the hot tub and work out some of this pain in my neck.