Monday, January 24, 2011

HOWS THAT HOPEY CHANGEY THING WORKIN FOR YA?

   I saw this shirt while I was being forced at gunpoint to go to the local flea market while down here at Ft. Meyers. I have the same shirt at home. Whoever came up with this design was pretty smart because it can be taken as an insult to Bush backers or Obama worshippers, so either party could get a chuckle out of it.
 It also appeals to people like me, I voted for president Bush and I respected the way he stuck to his most of his principles. Having said that, I felt he was too much like the liberal democrats when it came to some spending and social programs. I don’t feel like he was trying to buy votes like the left does, I just believe he was misguided in some issues much like the elder Bush was during his one term. Remember the old “read my lips, no new taxes” promise? Then he folded like a cheap kite and raised taxes when forced by the democrats to play ball. Then the left used this against him during the next election. Bush 41 did just what the dems wanted in reference to the tax hike, then they stabbed him in the back for his trouble.
 That should have been a lesson to any republican who was tempted to cooperate on the wrong issues with the liberal democrats or to go along just to get along. Sadly memories in D.C. are short lived.

“Miss me yet?”  Well kind of, but I would rather start from scratch with a more Reagan-like president. Mike Pence or Allen West would suit me just fine.

No comments: