Thursday, May 10, 2012

THIS TIME TOMORROW

I will be in a deep slumber with no dreams to gauge the length of unconsciousness by.  The surgery begins at 11:30 AM and may last 3 hours or better.  I am making last minute preparations whilst I still have 2 arms functioning. A couple of days ago I started wondering how I was going to mow my grass for the next couple of months.  The tractor I have now is an older John Deere that I got last year in a trade with a friend for appliance repairs.  It's old but runs like a Deere and has a hydrostatic transmission.

My old old Wheel Horse has a manual trans and the John Deere runs circles around it.  The only problem is the lever for the hydrostatic trans is on the lower right side which is going to be way out of reach of my left hand.  My old Wheel Horse has a shifter for the manual trans right in the middle easily within reach of either hand.  Aha ! I kept my old Wheel Horse and mothballed it around the far side of the house with a tarp protecting it from the elements.  I grabbed the battery charger and headed out to where I parked it over a year ago. Damn! Where's my old tractor at? I know I parked it right hereeeeee........ Uhhhh wait a minute, it's all coming back to me now, I seem to remember it had something to do win my neighbor.........(fade into memory sequence)... Oh yeah, he wanted to buy it from me last year, he has access to a huge barn and wanted to keep it out there to mow from time to time.  What did I tell him????? Think damnit think! Ok it's all coming back to me now, again, I told him I wanted to hang on to it for awhile in case the old John Deere took a shit on me.

  I did tell him to take it over there and use it as much as he wanted as long as he stored it in the barn for me.  It was a win win (I hate that expression) for us both.  I called Barry and we headed over with my trailer to pick it up.  It hadn't been started since last fall so I figured we would have to push it on the trailer.  When we got there I thought just for shits and giggles I would try the starter.  Boom! she fired right up! The only thing it needed was some air in one tire and she mows like there's no tomorrow.  I know this is a very dull post to you, what else have you come to expect here? But it makes me feel a little better knowing that even though I will be down an arm for the next couple of months, at least my  lawn will look nice.

 See you all on the other side of general anesthesia.

10 comments:

Rita said...

Good luck. The surgeons are sure getting rich off of you now.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Have and will pray.
And I wasn't bored. Like parking your car somewhere other than you remembered.

CnC said...

thanks guys

Ed Bonderenka said...

How ya doing?

CnC said...

very sore Ed, these first few days are always the worst.

lotta joy said...

One surgery is always followed by two, and if the sun is shining on your surgeon's head, there won't be a third. I started gathering my personal gear together yesterday in preparation for taking it to the hospital. I can't talk as freely on my blog about my situation due to stalkers (my husband's ex). I wish I could so that I would have the bloggers supporting me too. Every bit helps.

CnC said...

@lotta joy,
Hello, thanks for visiting. I hope things go well for your upcoming surgery. My pain level is dropping and I have cut way back on the pain meds. thats good because i was getting a little trippy there for a while.
I will make you a deal, you pray for me and i will pray for you! :-)
Good Luck !

Rita said...

Hey LJ. I'll be praying for you too. Hope everything is okay.

Ed Bonderenka said...

I'm in.

Greybeard said...

Me too.
Hope all surgeries get desired results.