Sunday, May 6, 2012

IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER


Saturday
Jojo and me are spending our first night of the season here at the fishin cabin sans Hank FM. Jojo has already caught a few fish and I have caught a few cold ones.
We had our two little buddies spend  Friday night with us, Trenton and Gavin were a riot to have around for the night. My grandson Trent is taking his first steps and he took a few for mamaw Jojo and me.



The fountain of youth



Me, daughter Nicole and the boys


We dropped them off to their respective mommies Saturday morning and headed south.
The weather is beautiful here in Nashville Indiana and we have some burgers and dogs that will meet their doom on our fire pit grill tonight.
The moon will make its closest approach tonight and it will be full. Hopefully the sky will be clear and Jojo wanted to do some shots of Crown later.
With all those things going for me I will undoubtedly be irresistible to her later.
I am trying to make the most of this weekend as I have 6 days left before I will lose function of my right are for a few months.
I am still training my left arm to assume the duties that my right arm naturally took care of lo these many years.
One clarification I want to make in reference to an earlier post "LIVIN AS A LEFTY".
In that post I was making a futile attempt to be humorous when I wrote that my left hand needs to be trained to perform the morning ritual of cleaning up after responding to a call from Mother Nature.
My mom and my sister Rita thought I was talking about another kind of ritual.
Let me assure everyone that giving myself a "stranger" was not what I was referring too.
First of all I'm almost 57 years old and sad to say the needs of a 17 year old and the needs of a 57 year old are quite different. Also every guy learns at a young age that a stranger ain't that strange.

SUNDAY
Very peaceful night with the neighbors from hell gone.
It was warm enough to sleep with the solid doors open and the double screen doors shut. This option gives us security from bugs but not big varmints, 4 legged or 2 legged. For defense against those I have my 9mm locked and loaded 1 foot below my damaged right arm.
This affords a fine view of the trees, stars, lake and last night an incredible moon that I kept waking up to and tracking across our weekend getaways big screen.
My shoulder was killing me, but every time I woke up from the pain I looked up at that view through the screens and Jojo fast asleep beside me and I couldn't help but feel like a very lucky man.

Jojo sunning and fishing

No comments: