Wednesday, May 2, 2012

NOBODY SINGS LIKE HANK, NOBODY !

Went to the lake today to fill the water tank and get the fishing cabin opened up for the season. My shoulder surgery is scheduled for a week from Friday so my bro in law helped me do that and take a load of campfire wood as well.
When we got there I looked over at the house next to our lot expecting to see Hank FM's truck parked in front and Hank should be pretty well trashed by this time singing a drunken karaoke version of Hank Williams JR out on his deck.
I blogged about this asshole last year DAMN THE NEIGHBOR.
They were renting this place last year and many peaceful nights were spoiled by Hank FM and his drunken women.

As we drove by the house it seemed unusually quiet and serene, no trucks in the drive and no drunken tunes emanating from the premises.
I thought no, could it be? No I'm not that fortunate to get rid of 2 asshole neighbors in one year.
At our homestead for the last 7 years we have been living next to some real winners, the only time the grass got cut was when the city came out and did it. They were foreigners from Zimbabwe or some other shithole county on that continent and were trying to recreate a Savanna like environment and I don't mean Savanna Georgia.
They kept junk in their yard and the city finally had to come out and haul that away.
I planted some bushes to try and block the view of their place so I wouldn't have to look at it when I sat out on my patio.



Then one day a couple of months ago, poof they were gone!
The house is empty now and me and some neighbors have been mowing the grass and cleaning up their trash.

So meanwhile back at the lake, Bob and me finished our projects, did a little fishing and as I was about to leave I walked over to the house and looked in.
I was very pleased to see a completely empty house.
The only drawback about losing Hank and his old lady?
We don't have TV there and these tools were often our only source of entertainment down there at the lake
I guess we will have to settle for watching the moon and the stars and listening to the evening breeze moving across the lake and into the trees that surround our little fishing cabin. Either that or I could treat 3x to some drunken Jimmy Buffet karaoke.
I’m just too good to her sometimes.



No comments: