Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I SEE DEAD VOTERS


Went to vote this morning and I got 3 days left till the surgery so I figured I better get a bike ride in too.
Awhile back we got our voter registration cards in the mail with the new location of  where we vote now. It's about 4 times as far as the old location but that's a plus when your riding instead of driving.
I grabbed my list of Republican endorsed judges and my voting registration and I also took Betty Thomas's registration with me. She is the old lady that owned our house before we did.
My buddy who lives across the street grew up here and him and all the other kids in the neighborhood referred to her as the old witch. Seems like every neighborhood has one of those.
The old witch's house (now ours) was a black hole for baseballs, basketballs, footballs and even mitts.
Any ball that was thrown, hit, kicked or bounced in her yard was immediately snagged by the old witch and was sucked into the vortex never to be seen again. That is till one day when the old witch was gone and her browbeaten husband called Barry over to the house. He led Barry to a closet and asked if any of the sports equipment was his or his friends.
I guess it was like walking into a Finish Line sporting goods store, there were years worth of stolen balls and even mitts. It seemed that if the old witch was having an off season and her numbers were down, she would sneak over to the other next door neighbor's yard and help herself to any balls or mitts that had been forgotten to be picked up by the kids.
Barry walked out of there with a bag full of stolen booty.
Anyway I digress, Betty has been dead for 10 years or better, but we still get mail for her and an occasional recent medical bill. Seems that even though the old witch has been shagging balls in Hades for the last decade she is still seeking medical care.
Now she's trying to vote!  When I got to the poll I gave the witch's card to the poll worker and said "This woman has been dead for 10 years and unless she's a Democrat she shouldn't be eligible to vote anymore".
I guess the poll workers and most of the people standing in line were not Democrats because they laughed their asses off.

They marked her as deceased on the voter roll and I took my ballot to the booth.
I held my nose and marked the ballot for Mitt Romney.
Then I let go of my nose, skipped over the little circle next to Richard Lugar and filled the circle next to his opponent’s name. Richard Mourdock.
As I fired up the motor on the bike and headed home I started thinking about the voter ID law debate. I'm glad my state has this law. I know that the liberal Democrats that oppose this law, oppose it for one reason and one and one reason only.
It makes it harder for them to rig elections, not impossible just harder.
I guess some people just feel that's it's unfair that dead ball stealing witch's from hell shouldn't be allowed to vote for Obama.

No comments: