Saturday, May 7, 2011

WALMART SHRUGGED


I finally found the book I have been wanting to read for several months at Walmart. I started hearing about this novel by Ayn Rand several months ago on the last bastion of free speech (talk radio) and kept thinking I need to see what all the hubbub was about. After all, this book was released in 1957.  A fellow blogger whose opinion I highly respect (Tim) recently wrote about seeing the film adaptation of the first part of the book spurred me to finally track down the paperback. I used to read a lot, but haven’t cracked a new book in quite a while. I did re-read Orwell’s 1984 again last year for at least the 15th time. Can you tell what my favorite book of all time is? Every time I read that novel, I get something out of it that relates to the world today.  The movie adaptation of that novel was spot on. John Hurt played Winston Smith like the book was written around him and Sir Richard Burton as the antagonist O’Brien gave the last performance his life and to me his most memorable role.

I wanted to see the movie Atlas Shrugged, but the only screens in the Indy area that it was playing on were in Carmel and the far Northeast side of Indy, the traffic version of no mans land. That’s not really an accurate description, what I mean to say is the traffic up there is hellish, my intention was to get my little sis, Rita to go see this movie with me because my spouse is like her’s and would not be interested in this type of flick.

Unless the release widens I will probably wait till it comes out on Blu Ray and buy it. The horrible reviews of this movie by the Hollywood leftists idiots have convinced me it hits too close to home for them and it will be worth the money just to piss them off.
I do not know the entire storyline, but suffice it to say I know the movie shows our country is heading into some uncharted territory that this country may never be able to find its way out of if we continue to be led by emotion instead of by logic and the rule of law.

A side benefit of starting a thousand page novel, maybe I will be able to find a way to relax at night and get a sleep rhythm going again.
Sleep depravation seems to be a pattern with me these days, last night was no exception. I finally slipped out of this world about 3:30 AM, ahh blissful nothingness, until 0500 hundred hours when my wife proceeded to start kicking the shit out of me while she was dreaming some 911 scenario. It slurringly went like this, “ 911 ! 911! There is (unintelligible) moving in the parking lot, please come quick!”. This was delivered in a monotone voice, reminiscent of the beginning of the show Cops.
I have become accustomed to her screams and goblin voices in the middle of the night, but the physical abuse in the middle of the night is where I draw the line.
The next time she does this to me I will be the one calling 911 and maybe we will be on the next episode of Cops!

No comments: