Sunday, May 8, 2011

PHARMACIES ARE LIKE BMV’S ON DRUGS

Standing in line at the pharmacy today, watching the seconds of my life tick away, turn into minutes, a reoccurring thought comes to mind.  Why the hell does it take someone so long to grab a handful of pills, put them in a bottle, punch a few keys on the computer, grab your money and run? Suddenly a moment of clarity hit me like a hot dose in the arm; why not hire street corner drug dealers to work behind the counters at all pharmacies?
I’ve seen those guys work, they make the drug for money transaction in the blink of a dilated eye. I don’t think you would ever see a standing line at the Drop Off or Pick Up window again.
Then I started thinking about all the unemployed pharmacists that would result from this revolution when I was struck with another moment of clarity, damn, twice in one day, this could be hazardous to my mental health.  I thought to myself, why not put the pharmacists on the street corner to take the place of all the former illegal drug dealers that are now working in the pharmacies? I can guarantee you the trafficking of illegal drugs in this country would grind to a screeching halt, or at least slow it to a crawl.

 By the time the heroin addicts, crack whores and meth heads, made it to the front of the line, they would have gone through withdraw, made it through recovery, cleaned up and become interventionist on A&E.

No comments: