Monday, September 5, 2011

SHELTER WARS


Labor Day weekend is always reserved for my wife's family reunion. It alternates between Indiana and Kentucky; this year was Indiana's turn to host the event. I'm glad it was held today, (Sunday) instead of Saturday when it was 100 frickin degrees out.
The park that was chosen was just west of Avon, which is just west of Indy, a really nice park. The shelter house the planning committee reserved was the best location in the park with a pond and a playground next to it and the best part... It had the bathrooms right there!
When Jojo and me got there we found the family was setting up in the shelter house farther into the park.
We found out that interlopers had already set up in our choice shelter house. They claimed imminent domain, saying they always reserved that choice spot every Labor Day weekend.
Seeing how far our place was from the restrooms, Jojo’s family should have stood their ground.
Last year this reunion was held at Rough River lake in Kentucky, we had reserved a shelter and me and Jojo were getting ready to set it up, when we got there, the shelter had been stolen by illegal aliens.
I was recovering from one of my surgeries and couldn't whip my way out of a wet paper bag, but I went all border agent on them and ran them off in broken Spanish.

(Sorry gotta stop writing, time to eat a cupcake before the bees carry them away)……. (Ok, I'm back).
Sidebar; I love reunion food, but it's an unwinnable battle keeping the damn flies out of the food. I went after some of the fruit tray a while ago, the plastic top was on but there was a bee walking around on the cantaloupe chunks. Oh well at least it wasn't a fly.
 I got some of the fruit anyway figuring that bees spend their day landing on fruit and flowers gathering nectar and making wonderful honey. We all know how flies roll. If I so much as catch a fly eyeballing my food, I'm done.

 I have an aunt who at our reunions likes to uncover all the food 30 minutes before we are ready to eat. I don't know if she feels some obligation to give the flies a head start, or if they worked out some sort of side deal with her.

I'm working on an invention you can take to an outside eating event that will suck flies that are swarming your food into some sort of a vortex machine. This machine would not kill them right away. Instead, it would somehow impart them with total conciseness and they would realize that they born maggots inside of rotting flesh and they have been walking around on shit all of their lives. Then it would kill them.

Kids rolling down the hill


I really like my wife's family, but you know how it is when you’re at your spouse’s reunion and you don't know 98 percent of the people there. You try and find ways to occupy your time. So I got the idea for this blog and I thought I would at least write down the outline for it.
I have been typing on my Iphone and looking up from time to time to make sure Jojo wasn't givin me the evil eye for being a social outcast. So far I've almost finished this blog and I also have also worked on one of my long-winded blogs I started a few weeks ago. It's called "A ROAD  LESS TRAVELED (nowadays)".
It's one of those blogs, that when I'm writing it I know I'm gonna lose people half way through it, but I can't find a way to cut it down and still mean anything to me.
It's probably going to be a couple weeks before I get that one out. I’ve got some political stuff I need to get to first.
Just did a quick Jojo check to see if she was eyeballing me yet and she was otherwise occupied so I'm good.

I walked by the stolen shelter house on the way to the bathroom. The guys who muscled us out didn't look like illegals, they looked like Italians, more the Guido type, they may have even been connected.
I guess it was a good day to learn how to pick your battles.
Time for a Jojo check, oh oh, shit I gotta go!

not a picture of a naked butt, my finger got in the way of the lens


1 comment:

Rita said...

GROSS. I suppose JoJo had to find some way to get you off your new Iphone during a family reunion, so it serves her right if suddenly her bare butt is plastered all over the internet.