Thursday, April 28, 2011

A ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS

I don’t give a royal shit about the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. They are starting coverage at 4:00 AM here in the states. I remember when Prince Charles married Di. I didn’t give a shit about that one either. I do remember every TV show and soap opera had it in there story line that someone in the show got invited to it and had the Royal wedding in there damn shows.
I don’t have a particular ax to grind with England’s monarchy; I just feel that the royal family is the richest welfare recipients on the planet. What else would you call them?  They don’t do anything and the government just keeps giving them a shitload of money.
I’m not saying they should do away with the monarchy, polling shows that the people of that country widely support the royals. In other words, if they want to waste their money on a bunch of freeloaders it’s their business. I am just sick and tired of hearing about this damn wedding.
 I guess maybe I shouldn’t throw stones, after all people probably got tired of me talking about my daughter’s recent nuptials, but at least the viewing public didn't get stuck with that bill!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Thanks for reminding me, I just set my DVR.