Sunday, April 3, 2011

YESTERDAY PART TWO



It was an amazing weekend. My little girl looked beautiful in her dress and her husband (it’s going to take awhile to get used to saying that) made the perfect looking couple. The wedding was flawless and the reception was lots of fun.















I managed to walk my daughter down the aisle and stay high and dry, but once the ceremony got started the waterfalls began and didn’t stop until sometime after the father/daughter dance.




When the reception began, the Bride and Groom surprised everyone with a wardrobe change.
During the Wedding ceremony they wore the traditional white wedding gown and tux, but when they came to the reception hall, they looked like this.


You could hear a collective gasp, when they entered the room in Vietnamese styled clothes. It was a big hit with everybody and they both looked amazing!

I take much solace in the fact that she is married to a fine young man that I am very proud to call “son”.
When it was over, I wanted to begin the whole day over again.


It’s strange, my daughter moved out a few years ago so I was used to not seeing her all the time, but today the house seems so empty and I miss my little girl.

2 comments:

CJ said...

How lovely! They really are a good looking couple and you look so very proud! Well done, Dad.

My niece is getting married in October. I am so very proud of her but I know how hard it will be when she moves away to start her new life.

Why do they have to grow up again?

Congrats, Dad. Looks like you did an amazing job.

cjh

CnC said...

Thanks Cj, It really seems like yesterday when I brought her home from the hospital. over night she grew up to be an incredible young woman. we are very proud of her and her new husband. She couldn't have found a better guy. I love all my kids, I am a very lucky man to have them and my wife by my side.