Tuesday, January 31, 2012

DOWNTOWN XLVI


Thank you Indiana for welcoming me back from sunny Fort Myers with some pretty decent weather for Jan/Feb.
I wanted to check out the Super Bowl festivities and had Monday off anyway and Rita being the lady of leisure she is came with.



We got there about 12:30 PM, most events don't begin or open till 3:00PM. That really didn't make much difference because the zip line, was sold out, the stadium tours were sold out until NEXT Monday and the NFL Experience was most likely sold out as well.


No matter, we just wanted to go take some pics and see the outside stuff anyway. I'm glad to see the events are doing well and the weather has been cooperating nicely.


I hope the game lives up to the hype, but it is a bitter pill to swallow that we don't have two Manning's in the Super Bowl.
A Brady win here will not sit well with most of us. The one negative that I will call ahead of time, is the half time show. You will have to go a long way to top how bad last years half time show was. If anybody could be worse it would be Madonna. Never been a big fan, never will.
All in all, I'm very proud of my city. I flew over downtown on the way home from Fort Myers Sunday, as good as the Indy skyline looks in the daylight from the air; it is a beautiful sight at night from above. With the Super Bowl accoutrements added it will be a crown jewel.

There was an issue with parking, not with finding a space, finding Rita's car when we were leaving.
I took it upon myself to remember the spot, 2Q.
I followed Rita as we headed through Circle Center Mall to the parking garage. We got to 2Q and there was no car, you know your in trouble when the person you are following to the car starts turkey neckin around like they are lost.
Here is a pic of what that looks like.


After searching 2 floors of the garage for 30 minutes we began to explore 2 possibilities.

1. The car had been stolen.

2. We are wearing out the concrete in the wrong garage.

Yeah you guessed it, wrong garage.
Oh well, I needed the exercise.

So kickoff at Rita's house. BYOB !!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Joe said...

the downtown looks great, right?

CnC said...

Sure does Joe, they did it up right , I would like to see it at night