Wednesday, November 2, 2011

RETURN TO MAYBERRY


I had a document to file at the courthouse in Hendricks County, but I didn't want to make the hour plus drive and take the day off work, so I was going to mail it today. When I peaked at my route this morning I saw that I would be going right by the courthouse about lunchtime. Perfect! I could take the document there in person and speed up the process by a couple of days.
Danville is a bustling small town and that is not very common for small towns these days. There are a lot of thriving businesses on the square but my favorite happens to a little diner on the corner called the Mayberry Cafe. It's a beautiful day and things went so smoothly in the courthouse I decided to treat myself to lunch there.
If you liked the old Andy Griffith show the you would like this place.

There is an exact replica of the squad car in front and they have 4 TV's that play the re-runs non-stop. It's an old building fixed up very nice and decorated with memorabilia from the show. The food is great and the cute little waitress could have given Juanita a run for her money.
Something about this place just mellows me out. It's been a long time since I've had lunch here, too long.


I got to watch the end of the one where Barney bought the old junker from the sweet little old lady who turned out to be a crook. She was the same women who played Grandma Walton. Then I got to watch the entire episode where Opie falls for the little girl who won't give him the time of day. Then Opie starts hanging around Thelma Lou and the little girl gets jealous. Then Barney gets pissed because Opie is stealing Thelma Lou away so Barney starts dating the little girl. Ok I made that last part up.
I don't really have a point to make here much like most of the crap I write. I just liked the way things turns out today with the route taking me someplace I really needed to go anyway.
Make that two places I really needed to go.  


 

6 comments:

Rita said...

Best episode......."Hard to forget about half a boy, Pa."

CnC said...

Agreed Poor horacio

Timothy Frazier said...

I'm surprised the Hollywood legal sharks haven't put a stop to that bit of fun. People stick a set of mouse ears on their daycare center and the Disney lawyers are on 'em like a duck on a june bug.

Looks like a swell place to stop in, Wally. Whoops...that was the wrong sitcom. What city did the Beav, Wally, Ward and June live in, anyway?

I think I'll open a tribute restaurant called "The Beav". Might attract the wrong crowd initially.

CnC said...

You know Tim, I wonder about that whenever I pass that place, I know some of the stars of that show have signed things for the place and they have stuff from the show like one of Goober's hats. maybe they got permission, I will have to ask someone the next time I go there.

CnC said...

the only thing I know about Leave it to Beaver is they used the same house as Marcus Welby M.D. and yeah a cafe Called the Beav may not fly in small town USA haha

Rita said...

Ha, neither of you guys realize there's a Wild Beaver Saloon in Indy.