Friday, June 24, 2011

FACE THE MUSIC CASEY

I have to admit it, I am one of those people that have invested way too many hours of my life watching the trial of Casey Anthony. It's a heartbreaking story to be sure, but I haven't spent this much time watching Court TV since O. J. got away with double murder.



One point of interest that occurred during the prosecution's presentation that could lead to an appeal was a picture of Casey and Caylee. The picture was used to superimpose a picture of Caylee's skull to show proportion of her face to the location of the duct tape that was probably used to suffocate the little girl.
The defense vehemently objected to the use of this graphic comparison. Even though the TV viewers were not able to see this piece of evidence I can see how such an image could add to the jury's outrage. It might have given less grounds for appeal if they had photo shopped Casey smiling party animal face out of the picture.
I made my mind up that the bitch was guilty a long time ago, so it wouldn't have influenced me one way or the other. It is feared by her defense team that not only could it affect the verdict, it could also have implications during the penalty phase of the trial if she is found guilty.
I personally don't give a damn about that picture; it's the other picture I saw that has me calling for Casey's head.

If I were on the jury and saw this duck face picture my vote would be a slam-dunk for capitol punishment.

8 comments:

Rita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rita said...

Well I didn't think I'd end up watching this horrible soap opera, but then being chronically unemployed does weird things to people.

So I've been watching Cindy Anthony's testimony and I was just disgusted that she was claiming such ridiculous things as she looked up chorolphyll and ended up looking at choloform.


But then I got to thinking. If I was in her shoes and I knew (or thought or was assured by the defense) that she would get prison but not the death penalty if I lied, would I save someone in my family from the electric chair?

I would absolutely testify against them for the crime, but I couldn't help drive the nails on their coffin.

I just couldn't.

Of course I'm still disgusted. I would absolutely turn in anyone in my family if they abused their kids. But if I thought my lying on the witness stand would prevent them from receiving the death sentence, then I would say a prayer to God to forgive me, but I would do everything in my power to prevent that.

Put a face on it and then tell me you would testify to seal the coffin on someone in the family.

CnC said...

I think the jury know her mother will say anything to save her. Casey put her father in a horrible position, what can he say? that he molested his own daughter and covered up Caylee's death? that girl is messed up.

Rita said...

I agree, but answer the question. If someone in the family was facing the death penalty, would you lie on the stand to keep them from frying?

CnC said...

i can't even put myself in their place. I don't even think it's going to come down to that, if they don't give people like those dirt bags that killed that family of seven here in Indy the death penalty I don't see how anybody would vote this creep Casey the death penalty

Rita said...

If I was on the jury I would fry her in a minute. If I was Casey's aunt, I couldn't sit back and not do everything in my power to keep her out of the gas chamber.

Think about it quietly for five minutes. Put your kid's face on her's. Or one of our nieces or nephews and then imagine being called to testify to sentence them to death.

Answer the question. Yes, it's all disgusting. But you're giving a politician answer.

Just answer the question. Would you lie on the stand to save them from the death penalty.


Yes or No?

CnC said...

well I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it :-)

Rita said...

Just like the song from Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. Mayor Charles Durning singing and dancing the song, "Ooooh, I Love to Dance a Little Sidestep."