Sunday, October 9, 2011

REFLECTIONS

What's better than a pot of chili on a camping trip?
Two pots!


Jojos birthday request was a birthday camping party at our Nashville Indiana lake retreat.
Several friends and family joined in, some stayed Sat. night and some didn't. But everyone had a great time. Thank you Mom for the ham salad, it was a big hit as always. Apparently my chili was as well, it was finished off last night. As we sat around the campfire last night, I was reminded of the movie Blazing Saddles.

Hank FM was on his best behavior and for a change we were the loudest people on the lake last night.
We broke camp this morning and drove the 10 minutes to Brown County State Park, Indiana's mountain range, well ok, hill range.

Though the fall colors have not yet peaked, it was still beautiful and worth the time it took.
I love this time of year, Sat. morning I woke up early to do some fishing. Then sat around the campfire drinking my coffee and got a real treat.
The sun rising behind us got high enough to illuminate the colorful trees on the opposite side of the lake.
Even though the lake has not yet refilled since the dredging operation, when the sunlight hit the trees we got doubly blessed with the reflection of them off the lake. This lit up our dark camp sight with an amazingly brilliant and colorful palette.

I took some pictures knowing that it would not do this vision justice, so I just sat there by the fire drinking my coffee and enjoying the best bacon sandwich I have ever had.
This serene event lasted the better part of an hour until the angle of the sun washed the contrast away.
Our company would not be here for a few more hours but at least me and Jojo got to enjoy Gods handiwork.
God knew we needed this respite, the last two weekends we have been trying to restore our rental house for human habitation. The last less than honest occupants had left the place severely damaged and trashed.
Apparently those "people" loved the smell of cat urine. Not only did they trash the place, they wrote a bad check for the month past due rent. Then the topper, they hadn't paid the sewer bill for two years and got a lien put on my house. I guess the sewer company didn't feel the need to contact the actual landlord  and tell me about the scawflaws or I would have evicted their asses long ago

Anyway, dealing with this has taken a toll on us and this weekend is just what the doctor ordered.
Jojo walks down to the dock to fish and I sit here and continue to enjoy the beautiful view with her now nicely framed in the foreground. I think about all the hard work we have been doing on the rental house and decided not to let the handiwork of evil people encroach on this wonderful weekend. The weather is perfect, soon I will be surrounded by some of the best people in the world,

one of which is the light of my life, my grandson Trenton.


 I decide not to let some of what is the worst this planet has to suffer to infect my spirit.
Monday I will get back to my rat killing. For now, I am a very happy man.
And all is right here on planet Earth


For shits and giggles I reversed the reflections on the lake and got a nice surprise.

No comments: