Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"A WRITER WRITES, ALWAYS"

"A writer writes, always." As quoted by Larry Donner to the adult aspiring writers. He used this phrase at the close of each class of would be authors he was trying to teach. But for months now, the only words pouring out of Larry's classic typewriter as he was attempting to write his own novel were "The night was.......". 
He couldn't think of the word "sultry" until Mamma spewed out "too damn sultry in here!".


If you recognize these quotes then you have seen the movie THROW MOMMA FROM THE TRAIN and most likely you have watched it again and again till the VHS tape wore too thin to play anymore.
If you didn't recognize the afore mentioned quotes, then I implore you to beg borrow or steal a copy and spend the next 88 minutes laughing your ass off.
Yeah I know the movie is 27 years old, but Billy Crystal, Danny DeVito and Anne Ramsey (Momma), portrayed their respective comedic characters to side splitting perfection.

The few who take time to stop by and read this blog, that is when I actually write something, have been kind enough to prod me to write again. I have actually wrote some things in the intervening months since my last post and before that last post. It just never made it to the Vent.
Did I relocate to Utopia? Did I become Buddhist and reach Nirvana? Did I get a job with the Affordable Care website?
None of the above. 
I still have many things that I'm extremely pissed off about and need to vent. Not so much in my personal life, just mostly the same things that drive most of you crazy too. I wish I could say it begins and ends with the White House and the rest of the Leftist Dems. Sad to say that there are many Rhino Republicans that deserve my ire as well.

The truth is I don't have anything to add that would be as entertaining or profound as what I'm reading online these days.
Yeah, I know we can't all be Charles Krauthammer. 
I would settle for being as competent a writer as the people I know who either blog or have published books.
 Three people that I know personally who have gotten published, Distant cousin Gordon Grindstaff, a writer for a local newspaper, wrote some very humorous traveling memoirs,



 Odette Chase, the delightful mother of the delightful lady I'm dating,  who wrote This Child's War, a memoir of her experiences of living in a Nazi occupied French town as a young child.


and Bob Gates an old friend that stood up with me in one of my many weddings. 
He is an expert on the vintage racing era, mostly open-wheel racing. He has been published in many racing magazines, quoted by the likes of the iconic Indy racing historian Donald Davidson and Bob also published biographies on three late great race car heroes, Jim Hurtibise, Billy Vukavich and the one I'm reading now, Troy Ruttman.




I admire great writers and proud to know some personally. Although I can't hold a candle or pen to my favorite bloggers and author friends, I will attempt to resume my venting once again. After all the reason I started writing in the first place was not to try and entertain anyone. I began this blog as my own sort of mental therapy, to release my frustration, vent my pent up anger and in some way entertain myself.
I must remember that.


Thanks for stopping by!





12 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Well, with Dana retiring from blogging, someone's gotta fill in.

CnC said...

Well Ed I'll do what I can!

Rita said...

Ok. Now write about your upcoming trip. You know more history than anyone else I know, let's hear.

I'm reading Team of Rivals, Doris Kearns Goodwin's Lincoln book from which the movie was based. It's been sitting on my Nook since it came out, but I couldn't get into it right after the movie.

Now I'm loving it.

I need to finish my Bill/Sharon story for my four readers.

Pretty sure mom doesn't even read my bolog anymore. ;(.

CnC said...

Funny you should mention writing about the trip to DD. I was thinking about doing that and House Of Cards just this morning. I read you blog about our family's' loss. Great writing but hard to read without getting teary.

Joe said...

I did not know it took but a quick comment to get you to post something. Otherwise, I would have prompted you months ago!

Some of us only wish we wrote as well as you.

CnC said...

Coming from you Joe I will take that as a huge compliment. And yes you were the last straw that prompted my return, be careful what you wish for,

Rita said...

So apparently he listens to Joe more than his own sister. Imagine that.

CnC said...

Well your not even in the same state Rita. Joe is a local boy and Ed is just up north a piece,

Rita said...

Except you were down here with me when I was griping about you not blogging.

CnC said...

Hmmmm, yeah delayed reaction?

Joe said...

Of course he listens to me.

The world would better if everyone did.

CnC said...

What a wonderful world it would be Joe!