Tuesday, May 14, 2013

RAINBOWS FROM THE VENT



Walking in the park I shut the iTunes down. Matchbox Twenty got me to the park. Now I want to hear the stream and the birds. 
It's a cool morning but its a beautiful day and I feel happier than I have in a very long time. 
I have just enough time to get my walk in and get home before my conference call with my Edward Jones guy and the retirement people from work. 

Got some other errands to run in preparation for my trip this Thursday and then hit the gym. 
Wow, life is good and I'm trying to get used to this strange feeling, what is this, I don't know how to identify how I feel right now. Contentment ? Serenity ? Relief ?
No I'm not skipping through the park and singing Walking On Sunshine, but if I was oriented that way I probably would be right now. 

I want to write something today for the Vent and I was going to write on Benghazi-gate but Geeez already covered that and IRS-gate in one fantastic post. I can't write it any better so go  read her if you haven't already. 
So the problem is I got nothing to vent! 

My Lord, will I always feel like this? Will I ever be able to produce any rumbles again?
Will I have to change the name of my blog? 
I mean what kind of volcano spews rainbows and unicorns?
This is bad, this is real bad. But I don't feel bad. 
Did you ever see the Star Trek where Kirk got separated into his good self and his evil self and neither one could function without the other. 
The good side was weak and couldn't make the hard decisions required to command a Starship. 
Will that happen to me? Will I not be able to command my Starship? Ok Rumbles From The Vent is not exactly as cool as a Starship. Bad comparison. 
Anyway, Kirks good self realized he needed his evil self to balance out and he found him and gave him a big hug till they melded back into one. 

Now I'm starting to wonder is there an evil me running around loose somewhere. If so, what kind of mischief might he be enjoying? Pulling the wings off of flys? Burning ants with a magnifying glass? Scoring with women of ill repute?
I must go find my evil self. Why should evil me have all the fun? 

3 comments:

Rita said...

Perhaps dragging his baby sister to the electric fence?

CnC said...

Goood point !

Rita said...

Can you spare me a bit of that peace?