Tuesday, November 4, 2014

GHOSTTOWN STATE PARK

It's like someone flipped a big people switch up here on the top of the hill today. We went from bumper to bumper traffic and campers to a virtual ghost park in a matter of days.
The leaves have lost their luster and have been stripped from the mighty trees by brittle twigs and gusty winds that sometimes have we waking mid-slumber, reaching for my 2nd Amendments and circling the camper in search for Bigfoot or any other maniacal intruder that body slammed my castle on wheels.
Today is Election Day, it is also a paid holiday for my coworkers. As a result the parking lot was empty save two vehicles as I left my camper for the 30 foot commute to the shop.
I was to work with "The Plumbtrician" today winterizing most of the park.
The park will remain open all winter, believe it or not there are some hearty campers out there who do not eschew the cold temps and deep snow. They will have to travel farther to use the only camp shower and restroom that will stay open all winter. All others exept the pit toilets are being shutdown.
The outside hose bibs and fountains are also being shutdown.
I too am in the process of winterizing my camper, just enough to keep it safe from damage long enough for me the get the hell out of Dodge next month.

But that project can wait, at least for one night. Tonight is election night and I will be doing what I usually do on election night. I like sitting back with an adult beverage or three and watch the returns come in. I actually enjoy the whole process of counting and calculating and polling and punditry.
This election cycle might even bring some measure of hope and change, the good kind.
Will a Republican takeover of both Houses of Congress bring utopia to our land? Not hardly, I'm not that naive. We will still be hampered with Boehner
as Majority leader in the House and will have the same problem with McConnell as Senate Majority leader.
Don't get me wrong, we will be a damn sight better off with a Republican led Congress and Senate, but we could really get the Nation back on the rails it both Houses were being led by politicians with some big brass balls.
We will see, the soothsayers have been encouraging for the most part, but it don't want to jinx it.

Well some of the polls are beginning to close and I need a drink.




2 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

The kid can stop crying now.

CnC said...

That's my grandson Ed, he has all the makings and bloodline to make a great conservative !