Friday, July 4, 2014

WE THE PEOPLE vs I THE PRESIDENT

Happy 4th of July! A good day to reflect on the goings on in Washington, the former bastion of freedom.
Let's review, long ago I'm a galaxy far away someone wrote and we adopted, 
We the people of The United States of America, in order to form a more perfect Union.
To establish Justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare.......
Ok let's pause right there.
Notice it does not say promote the common defense and provide the general welfare!
I don't believe the  words "provide and promote" were used for defense and welfare without intention.
Providing and promoting, one is handing a guy a fish, the other is telling a guy ok there's the lake and the fishing is great.
That's all I got to say about that.

1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

He's got a pen.
I've got a Kalashnikov.