Monday, October 14, 2013

ABCESS OF MALICE

I know the literary world has been waiting with baited breath for my return. Well with a little prodding from baby sis here it is.
Alert the Pulitzer Committee!
Actually the need to vent has never been greater. I have been dealing abcess teeth for the last 4 or 5 months and this latest diet aid is one of the worst. I've had 4 root canals on two teeth and now I need another one, as soon as the swelling in the roof of my mouth goes away.

On the plus side I have never been in better shape in my life, other than the throbbing golf ball in my mouth.

In the past year I have lost and kept off over 55 lbs. I started eating healthy (most of the time) and I have had to buy some new clothes. 

In other news, I read somewhere today that those things that Obama is using to try and stop 90 plus year old WW2 vets from visiting open air monuments are no longer called barricades.
They are now known as "Barrycades".
Blocking off roadside vistas, closing down oceans. Something tells me this asshole spent a lot of time holding his breath and throwing hissy fits when he was a kid and didn't get his way.
His tactic of raining down the pain as much as possible should garner him plenty of negative press, if we had press instead of propaganda machines in this country.

The causation of the government shutdown being some Republicans trying to delay if not kill this debacle know derisively as Obamacare. Oh, and the Dems wanting to spend money we don't have to buy more votes.
It's very telling to me to hear Obama himself referring to the so called Affordable Care Act as Obamacare. The ego of this tool is mind boggling to me.  

I have been running options over in my mind about options I have for healthcare and had been toying with the idea that at some point maybe it is just not worth it and just say the hell with it, just go without insurance and see what happens.

Laying in bed last night with the tiny lump that has been on the roof of my mouth swelling to the size of a big fat grape (I took editorial license calling it a golf ball), I self diagnosed it to be some rare form of tooth cancer. I could just imagine going through something so horrible sans insurance card.
Imagine my relief when the X-ray showed I just had another little abcess.

I know that in the near future there will be a rationing of healthcare, there will be protocols to determine who gets what care, that is unless you are a member of the House, Senate or White House.
The rest of us Animal Farm residents will have to take a number.




2 comments:

Rita said...

Never thought I would say this when we were growing up, but MAN, I am so proud of you.

You look great. And you are simply a great guy to spend time with.

Did you notice how many pics Beej posted where we were together in Italy? You were(are) my buddy. I loved taking you on that trip especially because you no longer had that female noose around your neck not allowing you to go.

Love you bro.

CnC said...

Thx Ree!
Yeah I love those pics! There were many highlights of that trip but the hike we did together is a great memory that I think about time and time again.
You gotta get that foot healed up and do some more hiking with me at Nashville .
Love you too!