Thursday, April 19, 2012

REST IN PEACE DICK CLARK

REST IN PEACE DICK CLARK

I was making my new favorite, grilled meatloaf and running between the patio grill and the kitchen when the lead news story grabbed my attention. 
They started the broadcast talking about the America music
 icon Dick Clark. 
You instantly know when they do that it means he has past. 
I said to myself, "aww man no, not Dick Clark". 

As they ran down his list of accomplishments, I couldn't help but remember watching his appearance on the first New Years broadcast just after his debilitating stroke. It was heartbreaking watching him struggle to get the words out, but I thought he showed tremendous courage doing that. 
I remember watching American Bandstand so many years ago and thinking what a likable guy he was. I can't remember ever hearing one negative thing about him. 
He was a guy who never seemed to age. 
Dick Clark may have been on this Earth 82 years, but he will always be remembered as the worlds oldest teenager. 

2 comments:

Greybeard said...

If you dig a little, you can find negative things about him.
But name one ambitious person you cannot say that about.
I too felt he was a mostly decent, likeable guy who put out a quality product. I too felt uncomfortable watching him that first broadcast after his stroke, and felt he should have left us with memory of the healthy Dick Clark.
He changed the world, and I think that change was positive.
Thanks D.C..

CnC said...

So true G B. so true