Tuesday, April 5, 2011

WHAT WAS SHE THINKING ?

I looked and looked at this picture and replayed those few precious seconds after the pictures were taken and before I took the first step down that aisle.
We were instructed to stop for pictures at the end of the little ramp leading to the walk that would turn my little girl into a grown women. My feet just froze there for a period of time that is not measured in seconds, but in memories. I didn’t have any idea that I was delaying the proceedings until I felt a slight tug on my left arm

Just a few minutes before this picture was taken, the bride to be was having problems convincing the youngest member of the wedding party (the ring bearer) to walk down the aisle with the lovely little flower girl. Now she was having trouble with the oldest member of the wedding party trying to convince him to put one foot in front of the other.
When I first saw this picture, I thought “awww she is looking up adoringly up at her father. Now that I have time to replay this scene in my mine, I vaguely remember Coley gently pulling on my arm and making some slight noise that I now interpret as ‘daddy it’s time to go”.

She didn’t express that in words, but I think I felt it.

2 comments:

CJ said...

I'm sure it was both...

You look every bit the proud daddy and she does look every bit the adoring daddy...

Beautiful.

cjh

CnC said...

thanks cj,
she is beautiful.
Ok I think it's out of my system.
no more blogging about the wedding :-)